Gill & Macmillan Seeks Marketing Executive – Part-time
Gill & Macmillan is one of Ireland’s largest publishers of educational content for the primary, secondary and tertiary markets. We are looking for a bright, motivated and organised person to join our team in the role of Marketing Executive to work in this area of our business.
Your job will be to distil the needs of the sales teams and the needs of our customers (teachers and lecturers) into a creative and compelling marketing message across all forms of media. This is a part-time position, working exclusively in Gill & Macmillan’s education business.
Working closely with the marketing manager and editorial, sales and design personnel, you will:
- Brief and manage a variety of marketing projects: production and circulation of flyers, advance notes, order forms, catalogues; production of adverts etc.
- Brief and manage the cover design process
- Follow up on marketing and publicity leads
- Compile and send out review copies
- Maintain the product offering of our education titles on the Gill & Macmillan website
- Excellent creative skills and a good design eye
- Excellent copy-writing skills
- Experienced in all forms of marketing
- Excellent communication and literacy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to ‘join-the-dots’ on all projects
- Thrive in a busy environment
- Perform well under pressure
- Knowledge of the Irish education system would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign, Facebook/email marketing would also be an advantage
Closing date: Tuesday 12 March 2013
Applications, including CV and covering letter to Anita Ruane, Marketing Manager at email@example.com. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.